At Renaissance Family Dentistry, we believe it is essential to stay current with the latest advancements in leading-edge dental technology to bring you the best and newest that dentistry offers. Introducing digital dental x-rays to our Durham dental office has allowed Dr. Suman Vidyarthi and Dr. Nanditha Vivekananthan to improve patient comfort and safety and efficiently diagnose problems with a high level of accuracy.
If you are concerned about the safety of dental x-rays, we understand. You can rest assured knowing that digital x-rays expose you to about 80 percent less radiation than film x-rays commonly used in the past.
How We Use Digital X-Rays
Digital x-rays allow us to provide highly accurate diagnoses, which are crucial to planning tooth fillings, crowns and bridges, root canal treatment, extractions, and more. Our dentists share the digital x-ray images with you on your chairside monitor, so you can easily see what they see.
One of our priorities at Renaissance Family Dentistry is keeping our patients informed about their oral health, and digital x-rays are an invaluable tool for doing so.
A panoramic x-ray gives our dentists a two-dimensional view of all your upper and lower teeth and jaws in one image. These images allow us to determine the position of all of your teeth, gauge bone levels in your jaw, and analyze your jaw joints.
Panoramic x-rays also help Dr. Suman and Dr. Vivek detect other critical issues that may be developing in surrounding bone and tissue, such as oral cancer, cysts, and other abnormalities.
The Benefits of Digital X-Rays
There are numerous benefits to using digital dental x-rays:
- Improved patient safety: Using digital x-rays reduces your exposure to radiation by as much as 80 percent compared to film x-rays, making them safer for you and your family.
- Enhanced comfort: Taking digital x-rays is much more comfortable than in the past; instead of biting down on a bulky film clip, we use flat digital sensors with rounded edges for your comfort.
- Efficient results: We don’t need to process films to obtain digital x-ray images, so your x-rays are available for viewing within moments.
- Early and accurate diagnoses: Since we can manipulate digital images, our dentists can provide an early and accurate diagnosis. We store your digital x-rays in your patient history to monitor your oral health, and we can easily send them to your insurance company or specialists as needed.
- Patient education: Our dentists use digital images to show you a detailed view of what is happening in your teeth. We believe in the importance of patient education, and seeing the problem for yourself allows you to make smart treatment decisions for you and your family.
- Environmentally friendly: Since we don’t have to dispose of any harmful chemicals, digital x-rays are environmentally friendly.
Please Call Us to Book an Appointment
If it has been a while since your dental exam, you will be amazed to see all the changes that have taken place to improve your comfort and get you out of the dental chair faster.
We are pleased to offer state-of-the-art dentistry for families in Durham, Chapel Hill, Research Triangle Park, Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Raleigh, and all surrounding communities.
Please call our Renaissance Family Dentistry today at (919) 739-2539? to arrange your next appointment.