Visual dental exams are crucial to monitor your oral health, but they only give us part of the picture. Dental x-rays show our dentists what they can’t see with the naked eye and provide details that are crucial to planning your dental care.
We use digital x-rays at Renaissance Family Dentistry because of the numerous benefits they offer:
- Minimal exposure: Digital x-rays expose our patients to about 80 percent less radiation than film x-rays.
- Early diagnoses: The crisp, highly-detailed images obtained with digital x-rays help us detect and treat cavities, infections, and gum disease before they cause you discomfort and threaten your oral health.
- Patient information: Sharing your digital x-ray images with you on your chairside monitor includes you in the decision-making process. You see what our dentists see and can make informed choices about your treatment.
- Comfortable digital sensors: Flat digital sensors slide easily into your mouth and have no rough edges to irritate tender tissue in your mouth.
- Easy to access: We store your digital x-ray images in your patient record so we can access them easily as needed to monitor conditions or send to specialists or your insurance company.
- Environmentally friendly: Because we don’t need to dispose of any hazardous material, digital x-rays are better for the environment.