At Renaissance Family Dentistry, personal connections matter to us, and we take pride in the relationships we have built with our patients. While nothing will ever take the place of personalized patient care, we do recognize the role that technology plays at our Durham dental practice.
With our state-of-the-art technology, we can enhance your comfort and streamline your treatment, which means you can get you out of the dental chair faster and get back to your busy schedule. We can't wait to show you in person how the technology we offer will improve your overall experience with us, but until them, please take a moment to browse through what we currently offer.
Visual dental exams are crucial to monitor your oral health, but they only give us part of the picture. Dental x-rays show our dentists what they can’t see with the naked eye and provide details that are crucial to planning your dental care.
We use digital x-rays at Renaissance Family Dentistry because of the numerous benefits they offer:
- Minimal exposure: Digital x-rays expose our patients to about 80 percent less radiation than film x-rays.
- Early diagnoses: The crisp, highly-detailed images obtained with digital x-rays help us detect and treat cavities, infections, and gum disease before they cause you discomfort and threaten your oral health.
- Patient information: Sharing your digital x-ray images with you on your chairside monitor includes you in the decision-making process. You see what our dentists see and can make informed choices about your treatment.
- Comfortable digital sensors: Flat digital sensors slide easily into your mouth and have no rough edges to irritate tender tissue in your mouth.
- Easy to access: We store your digital x-ray images in your patient record so we can access them easily as needed to monitor conditions or send to specialists or your insurance company.
- Environmentally friendly: Because we don’t need to dispose of any hazardous material, digital x-rays are better for the environment.
TVs in Treatment Rooms
We understand that probably the last place you want to be is sitting in a dental chair, so we focus on your comfort to ensure you have the most pleasant experience possible with us. Televisions in all of our treatment rooms provide a helpful distraction for both children and adults, helping them to relax and watch their favorite show while we provide the treatment they need.
Most of the information we obtain about your oral health can be stored digitally on our secure in-house network. Digital records help our staff cut down on paperwork so they can devote more time and attention to you. And since your information is readily available, digital records also help streamline your treatment and are easy to share electronically with your insurance company or specialists.
Unlike a typical bitewing x-ray that shows just a few teeth in one part of your mouth, panoramic x-rays show us your entire mouth in a single image. Panoramic x-rays produce highly-detailed digital images of your jaws and all your upper and lower teeth and their surrounding structures. These images allow us to determine the position of all of your teeth, gauge bone levels in your jaw, analyze your jaw joints, and look for cysts, tumors, or other abnormalities.
Panoramic x-rays are also extraoral because we take them outside of your mouth. To take panoramic x-rays, you stand still in front of the x-ray unit as the arm rotates around your head in a semi-circle. Since many children and adults can’t tolerate intraoral (inside the mouth) x-rays, panoramic x-rays help us obtain the images we need to diagnose conditions.